EMBODYOGA® | Precision Alignment & Vinyasa Yoga
100 hour IN-DEPTH STUDY & 200 HOUR TEACHER TRAINING PROGRAM in beautiful Amherst, Massachusetts.
- Increase self-knowledge, acceptance and love through “embodied-inquiry”, asana, pranayama, meditation and philosophical study.
- Our EMBODYOGA® programs are well-rounded, in-depth studies of yoga with an emphasis on personal embodiment as the basis for becoming a yoga teacher.
- Discover “whole–body–support” templates for strong, comfortable, injury free asana practice.
- Learn to weave postures, breath and movement into progressive depths of experience.
- Discover the grace and wisdom of the body-mind-spirit in movement and in stillness.
- Develop a depth and beauty in your yoga practice that remains constant when you step off the mat.
- Learn to share this experience with others through teaching.
Program director, Patty Townsend,
synthesizes more than 35 years of experience, including 2 decades
of training teachers, into these highly educational and inspirational
programs. Patty’s early study includes a decade with Ana Forrest,
serious practice of Ashtanga with Richard Freeman, and 20 years
of intensive study in the Iyengar tradition.
Our EMBODYOGA® programs provide a deep knowledge of alignment, profoundly influenced by the innovative approach to full embodiment and consciousness presented by Bonnie Bainbridge Cohen of the School for Body–Mind Centering®.
Patty is a teacher of Tantric and Transcendental Meditation. She has obtained certificates in Embodied Anatomy™ and Embodied Developmental Movement™ in the teaching of yoga. Patty’s teaching includes an invaluable perspective and insight into the crucial process of refining and evolving practices for individuals based on life’s cycles. She brings a strong understanding of all aspects of yoga practice and philosophy to this rich curriculum for training teachers.
Guest teachers include: Mark Hart, Andrea Olsen,
Karen Miscal-Bannon and Eric Love
The new 9-Month format consists of Modules 1 through 4.
the 100 hour program requires Modules 1 & 2,
modules 3 & 4 complete the 200 hours needed for teacher training.
- Blueprint for Optimal Movement 1: Cellular Breathing – Navel Radiation
- Principle of a Quiet Spine
- Discriminating Core & Periphery – Finding Union
- Standing Postures 1– Our Foundation: Pelvis, Legs & Feet
- Surya Namaskar: Sun Salutations & Vinyasa
- Skeletal Structure with Andrea Olsen
- Ease in the Ilio–psoas Complex
- Yield and Push of the Legs
- Inversions 1: Shoulderstand & Handstand
- Pranayama 1: Ujjayi
- Yoga Nidra: Tantric Technique for Deep Rest
- Standing Postures 2 – Dynamics & Alignment, Integrating Upper & Lower Body
- Ribs, Shoulder Girdle, Arms and Hands: Alignment & Integrated Movement
- Yield and Push of the Arms
- Lower Back Fundamentals: Sacroiliac & Lumbar Health
- Standing and Supine Forward Bends
- Lungs, Conchas of the Nose & Breathing Diaphragm
- Embodying Organs & Glands
- Breath in Asana Practice
- Patanjali’s Eight Limbs of Yoga
- Cultivating a Rewarding Personal Practice
- Insight Meditation with Mark Hart
- Principles of Backbends 1: Organ & Glandular Support
- Arm Balances 1
- Twists and Hip Openers 1
- Inversions 2: Headstand and Shoulderstand Cycle
- Pranayama 2: Viloma, Prana Vayus
- Bandhas – Integrating Core
- The Kosas: Spiralic Sheaths of Awareness
- The Systems of Yoga
- Insight Meditation with Mark Hart
Teaching principles integrated throughout the program
- Blueprint for Optimal Movement 2: Spinal Patterns
- Integrated Whole Body Movement in Yoga Practice
- Precision Vinyasa — Flow and Hold
- Neuro–Endocrine System with Andrea Olsen
- Balancing Sympathetic & Parasympathetic Nervous Systems
- Temporal-Mandibular Joint, the Skull and Palate
- Backbends 2
- Twists, Hips and Arm Balances 2
- Pranayama 3: Nadi Shodhana and Kumbhaka
- Restorative Yoga
- Chakras, Nadis and Kundalini
- Tantra Yoga: The Expression of Life Lived in Fullness
Cost & Details | Course
Leaders | Dates | Daily
Schedule & Samples | Register
- Principles of Observation, Instruction, Demonstration & Touch
- Art and Science of Sequencing
- Planning and Teaching Classes
- Principles of Teaching
- Philosophy and Ethics of Teaching
- Teaching as a Profession
Our 200-hour EMBODYOGA® teacher training program is registered with the National Yoga Alliance.