In this series of workshops you will develop your capacity to support your students and private clients in deepening their own practice, building strength and dynamism safely, and navigating their healing process.
The workshops will take place on Sundays from 10-4 with an hour break from 1-2, and will take place on the following dates:
- October 30th 2016– Thoracic Region and Upper Limbs | From Heart to Hands
- February 5th 2017– Pelvic Region and Lower Limbs | From Pit-of-Belly to the Feet
- April 30th 2017– The Sacroiliac Joints, the Pubic Disc, and the Lower Back
- July 9th 2017– Whole Body Integration and the Light Bright Fascial Weave
- October 22nd 2017– Glandular Support of the Skeletal System
Workshop #5 – Sunday October 22nd
Gladular Support of the Skeletal System
Our glandular system suspends our spines from head-to-tail, providing radiance and spaciousness to our core. Tone and balance throughout the glandular system affect the structural integrity of the whole body through the fascial weave.
Our skeletal system is contained within the fascial matrix. In Embodyoga®, as in Body-Mind-Centering®, we have found that each gland has a correlation with a different aspect of our skeletal system. Recognizing this connection affords us an experience of brightness, levity, and connectivity that we don’t often notice in our bones and joints, and gives more strength and stability to musculoskeletal movement.
In this workshop, we will explore the weave of these systems, learning to recognize how they look and feel when working in harmony. We will explore how we may assist the glandular system to come into a more balanced state, and how to bring more comfort and coordination to our skeletal structure through this integrated matrix of support.