In this series of workshops you will develop your capacity to support your students and private clients in deepening their own practice, building strength and dynamism safely, and navigating their healing process.
The workshops will take place on Sundays from 10-4 with an hour break from 1-2, and will take place on the following dates:
- October 30th 2016– Thoracic Region and Upper Limbs | From Heart to Hands
- February 5th 2017– Pelvic Region and Lower Limbs | From Pit-of-Belly to the Feet
- April 30th 2017– The Sacroiliac Joints, the Pubic Disc, and the Lower Back
- July 9th 2017– Whole Body Integration and the Fascial Weave
- October 22nd 2017– TBD
Workshop #3 – Sunday April 30th
The Sacroiliac Joints, the Pubic Disc, and the Lower Back
Learn the intricacies of the pelvis and lower back through Embodied Anatomy™ and asana. We will focus on how each pelvic half articulates with the spine at the sacroiliac joint, and with its partner pelvic half at the pubic symphysis. We will explore healthy movement in the psoas complex and through the sacral and lumbar spines.
In this workshop we will:
- Expand our understanding of Embodied Anatomy™ of the pelvic region.
- Gain tools for increasing comfort, function and ease in the sacroiliac joints.
- Understand and feel the importance of integration and containment at the pubic disc.
- Explore language, demonstration, and assists for offering this knowledge to your students.
(G) Gentle—an easy, soft balancing & relaxing class
(M) Moderate—accessible, enjoyable well-balanced workout
(V) Vigorous—a satisfying workout with a faster pace
Class levels and pacing are guidelines only. We recommend that each student work at their own level at all times.